I must say, this is not an anti-female folks post, I know we ladies are very sensitive to these things, but then, when it comes to being the perfect girlfriend and keeping the one we truly love, you will agree we really need some help, a tip here and there, so enjoy and let me know what you think in the comment box below.
1. Be Present With Him: When you are with your boyfriend, be with him. Turn your phone off or put it on silent mode. Put it in your purse, or put it in a drawer, just put it away. Whatever happens “on your phone” can wait. We can all survive without incessant Facebook status updates. If you want to cultivate a deep connection with your partner, then you have to be present with him.
Look him in the eyes and make him feel like you would rather be nowhere else. I know a lot of people think they can do many things at once; in other words, multitask. Not true. When we do one thing at a time, we do it well. When we attempt to multitask, we do many things poorly. If you multitask your relationship, you might find yourself multitasking being single, because what a man wants is your attention. Your phone will be there when you are done, but if you keep texting while spending time together, you might end up texting alone.
2. Love something he loves: If your boyfriend is passionate, and I assume he is, then love something he loves. Think of all the things he’s passionate about, pick one, and share it as a common interest. Learn a bit about that passion and collaborate with him on it. This can be something you both have in common, and something you can both talk about. Preferably it shouldn’t be about sports or a TV show, because those generic things don’t reveal his true character. Find out what he loves. What is in his heart? Have that in common. Relationships succeed through synergy, not separate lives. If you can’t find something to love that he is also passionate about, then why are you with him?
3. Put the “friend” in girlfriend: Men want a best-friend companion with whom they also roll around naked with from time to time. Sound simple? That’s what we want. We want someone who is down for our interests, small talk and humor, but can also fulfill our sensual needs. Men are simple… very simple. Talk to us like a friend, be playful and fun, and don’t over complicate things as we aren’t very complicated people. Have the potential to be his best friend, and show him this potential. He’ll keep you around if you do.
4. Don’t nag about small things: We often fight and create unnecessary drama because we focused on the negatives in someone. If we focus on the negatives, we will see the negative. We will see whatever we make our minds up to see. If your boyfriend sucks at doing the laundry, maybe you should do it. Don’t let it create a fight. If something bothers you deeply, then you are probably more passionate about doing it, so do it and let him do something else. Maybe he’ll clean the dishes instead. Instead of letting something build as a resentment, which causes drama, try not to focus on the things you don’t like and embrace the things you do.
5. Take Your Relationship off Social Media: Do you know why some of us do not want our parents on our friends or followers list on the social media? We want privacy, we want to be able to post on our timeline without someone breathing down our neck, we want to be able to say our mind, share random thoughts, make random jokes without anyone accusing us of talking about them. So if possible, Unfriend each other on Facebook, Google Plus, Instagram, Twitter and so on (except you guys are virtual lovers anyway). You are friends and lovers in real life, so you don’t need to focus on what he is doing in the “virtual world”. Who cares? It’s only going to cause fights. Why? Because we are human and we are always looking for something to fight about. “Who is that girl in the picture?” or “So that’s who he was with last night!” Just remove that stress and drama. Trust your boyfriend until he proves otherwise — simple as that. And if he proves otherwise, then you don’t need Facebook to tell you what to do.